Saturday, February 15, 2020

PARASITE


PARASITE:  After winning all those Oscars (including Best Picture and Best International Film), I had to see what all the fuss was about.  Let's just say it is well deserved in that it is a comedy of sorts, a thriller of sorts and a look at Korean classes of wealth and poverty.  In short,the film is a bit of a marvel that keeps you guessing as to what is next.  Best Director Oscar winner Bong Joon-ho has realized a miracle of a movie, both satirical and sardonic.  While the cast is virtually unknown to American audiences, they are individual superb and equally thrilling in the ensemble playing. I can't reveal too much of the plot lest I spoil your entertainment.  Let me just say, I was mesmerized for the last half of the film and you will be too.   While "1917" is still my choice for best picture of the year, "Parasite" is a worthy number two.

No comments:

Post a Comment